Babysitting as a business! C.A.B.S Course
Child and Babysitting Safety Course (CABS)
The Child and Babysitting Safety (CABS) program from ASHI and MEDIC First Aid gives teenagers and young adults everything they need to know for safe and successful babysitting. From getting started with their business, to relating with parents and children, to key safety, caregiving, and first aid tips, the magazine-format CABS guide and vlogger-style video make learning fun.
Teens and young adults interested in a babysitting business, or who have responsibility for younger family members.
Successful completion (certification)
• Written evaluation: Not required for certification unless required by organizational policy.
• Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Becoming a babysitter
• What is a babysitter Preparing to babysit
• Thinking like a babysitter
• Being ready to babysit
• Babysitting business basics
• Getting to know the family
• Safety on the job
• Safe and supervised
Taking care of kids
• Caring for kids and their basic needs
• Handwashing and hygiene
• Food preparation
• Diapers and helping kids use the bathroom
• Playtime • Managing challenging behavior
• Naps and bedtime
When things go wrong
• Recognizing a problem
• Taking action
• Getting help
• Before help arrives
You can do it!
• Bringing it all together